We have filed a petition with the govt. of Haryana to disallow liquor vends on the roads of Gurgaon, and instead have them moved to commercial markets.
We have got a mixed response from about 200 respondents hence we are running this wider survey to assess if this indeed is a big enough problem for residents in Gurgaon.
It will be great if you can Please voice your opinion through this poll. Do read the PROs and CONs below before answering.
I had lots of side effects and called an ambulance many times. They prescribed antipsychotics, but it’s better not to take them. I think I’m just intolerant to them and felt almost like a plant. The only helper was an antidepressant called Klonopinshop.
THE PROs – Liquor Vends on Roads are required because:
- They provide easy accessibility and convenience to consumers
- Authorized “Ahatas” (Govt. Approved Drinking places) next to Liquor Vends allow the common man to drink conveniently
- Rents of shops in Commercial Markets are expensive – meaning less revenue to the Government or higher prices
- Liquor Taxes are an important part of the Government’s Revenue and the more it is consumed the more the Government can earn
The CONs – Liquor Vends should not be allowed on Roads but limted only to Commercial Markets because:
- They provide a place for drunk men to congregate in the open and indulge in all sort of uncivilized behaviour – including drunken brawls, eve teasing, anti social behaviour, etc.
- They make the streets very unsafe for women
- People specially women are scared to use the road
- Parked cars next to liquor vends are a traffic nuisance – they cause traffic jams and accidents
- They encourage drunk driving
- They leave a very bad impression of the city
- Convenient access to liquor encourages impulsive drinking and alcoholism which is a bane for the society.
Should Government allow Liquor Vends on Gurgaon Roads or be Limted to Commercial Market Places only?
My vote is for:
1. Yes – Liquor Vends should be allowed on Gurgaon Roads
2. No – Liquor Vends should not be allowed on roads but be Limited to Commercial Market Places only
3. I am okay either ways
Please click here to take the survey: https://www.facebook.com/questions/497150690327778/