10 winning photographs will be exhibited at the Aravalli Utsav.
The Aravallis are one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world, running through Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat. They support one of the most picturesque deciduous forests in our country with over 700 recorded species of plants and wildlife.
To encourage people to familiarize themselves with the breathtaking biodiversity of the oldest fold mountains of India, the broad theme for the competition is ‘Aravallis’. Participants are encouraged to approach this theme with an artistic view. Besides also capturing the landscapes, waterbodies, flora, fauna, habitat and sacred groves, observe the patterns and textures in nature, and the various hues and colors of the Aravallis.
There are several locations in the NCR region where one can capture the beauty of the Aravallis:
- The Aravalli Biodiversity Park, Gurgugram (near Guru Dronacharya Metro Station)
- The Aravalli Biodiversity Park, Vasant Kunj
- Mangar Bani
- Mandi Gaon
- 10 Best images from each category will be showcased at India Habitat Centre, during Aravalli Utsav for a period of 3 weeks (28th Oct – 20thNov 2017)
- Top winner from each category will win a VR ONE Plus from ZEISS
- The selected participants from each category will receive a certificate of merit and a gift hamper
Enter your Details below to upload your entries and participate in the competition.
There are two categories for the Competition
- Students ( Less than 18 years old )
- Open: Submissions are now open
- Close: Submissions close on 31st Aug 2017
- Open to all individuals who are 18 years of age or below as of 31st Aug 2017 for Student Category and Above 18 for General Category
- Maximum 3 images per participant
- The images should be of the Aravallis of the NCR region only
- Photographs shot via cellphones (provided they are of good quality and resolution) and DSLRs are both welcome.
- Photographs can only be enhanced slightly for aesthetic purposes. Manipulation of photographs through Photoshop is not allowed.
- Photographs should be submitted as JPEG files with 2000 pixels on the long dimension saved at 72 dpi
- Each image should be named in the following format: ‘First Name_Last Name_Image Serial Number_Student Category’. For eg: ‘Mohit_Gupta_1_Student Category’
- The email body should carry the following information: Full name of participant, age, date of birth, contact number and the location where each image was shot.
- The winners are required to share their images in high resolution format at 300 dpi in full size, failing which they will be disqualified.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Individual must hold the copyright and all required legal rights to submit, publish and exhibit the same.
- The decision of the Jury is irrevocable and final in all matters pertaining to the contest.
- Copyrights of all images will remain with the photographers.
- Aravalli Utsav has the right to use the selected images for non commercial purposes, giving due credit to the photographers.